How to install the Magento 2 extension?
Are you looking for installing the extensions on Magento 1? Then please have a look at our related FAQ article.
Do you want to install the extension via composer? Please see our FAQ article about installing with composer.
- Make sure that "composer" is installed on your system. For details see these composer installation instructions.
- Get your Magento API access keys (required for composer authentication) , as described in the Magento documentation.
- Do a backup of your Magento installation for safety reasons (database and files).
- Uninstall probably existing previous versions of the extension
Installation with Composer
- Create a new folder for the extension in
- Unzip the setup package and copy the contents into the newly created folder. The folder structure should now be
Please assure that the files are uploaded with the same file user permissions as the Magento installation!
- Install extension requirements via composer on the command line in your Magento root directory:
Note: If you use e.g. an older PHP version on the command line than on your webserver then you can add the command line argument
composer require --update-no-dev vianetz/pdf-generator:^3.0 vianetz/module-core:^1.0
--ignore-platform-reqsto ignore PHP version checks.
- Enable the Extension and run the setup process by executing the following on the command line in your Magento root directory:
bin/magento module:enable Vianetz_Core Vianetz_AdvancedInvoiceLayout bin/magento setup:upgrade
- Restart compilation (only required in Magento Production mode):
- Clear the Magento cache (e.g. System -> Cache Management) and related caches if available (e.g. APC, Varnish, ..).