How to install the Magento 2 extension?
Letzte Akt.: 25.06.2019
Please find as follows a short overview how to install our Magento 2 extensions, using the sample of the Advanced Invoice Layout for Magento 2 extension:
Are you looking for installing the extensions on Magento 1? Then please have a look at our related FAQ article.
Do you want to install the extension via composer? Please see our FAQ article about installing with composer.
- Make sure that "composer" is installed on your system. For details see these composer installation instructions.
- Get your Magento API access keys (required for composer authentication) , as described in the Magento documentation.
- Do a backup of your Magento installation for safety reasons (database and files).
- Uninstall probably existing previous versions of the extension
Installation with Composer
- 1 Create a new folder for the extension in app/code/, e.g. app/code/Vianetz/AdvancedInvoiceLayout.
- 2 Unzip the setup package and copy the contents into the newly created folder. The folder structure should now be app/code/Vianetz/AdvancedInvoiceLayout/Block, app/code/Vianetz/AdvancedInvoiceLayout/etc, etc.
Please assure that the files are uploaded with the same file user permissions as the Magento installation!
- 3 Install extension requirements via composer on the command line in your Magento root directory:
composer require vianetz/pdf-generator:1.* vianetz/module-core:1.*Note: If you use e.g. an older PHP version on the command line than on your webserver then you can add the command line argument --ignore-platform-reqs to ignore PHP version checks.
- 4 Enable the Extension and run the setup process by executing the following on the command line in your Magento root directory:
bin/magento module:enable Vianetz_Core Vianetz_AdvancedInvoiceLayout bin/magento setup:upgrade
- 5 Restart compilation (only required in Magento Production mode):
- 6 Clear the Magento cache (e.g. System > Cache Management) and related caches if available (e.g. APC, Varnish, ..).
Congratulations, the installation has been successfully completed!